Turn summer memories into summer prizes
1. Choose a category
Create a 5-minute or less video of one of the themes below using the WeVideo editor.
- Adventure vacation
- Nature vacation
- Historical sites
- Beach vacation
3. Win awesome prizes
We’ll choose one winner from each category, plus an overall winner. Prizes are a one-year subscription to our Professional plan and more (see details below). Winners will be contacted and announced 8/31/21.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to persons who are 18 years old or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of WeVideo, Inc.. (the “Company”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Contest, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements and that the Contest is not prohibited in Your jurisdiction. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Company as final and binding as it relates to the Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online between June 29, 2021 at 8:00 am PDT to July 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm PDT.
All online entries must be received by the Contest End Date.
- How to Enter: To participate in this competition, you must share a Summer Vacation Video created using the WeVideo editor in one of the following six (6) Summer Vacation Categories to Instagram or Twitter and #MadeWithWeVideo and tag @wevideo. Please note which category you are entering in your post. Submissions without a category noted will be categories by the Company.
- Beach Vacation
- Historical Sites Vacation
- Back to Nature Vacation
- Heart Pumping Adventure Vacation
- Summer Road Trip Vacation
Video Entities shall be no more than 5 minutes in length. Video submissions longer than 5 minutes will be disqualified.
Entrants may submit only one video. If multiple videos are submitted, only the first video entry will be considered.
Photographs and videos submitted as Entries shall fall under the themes listed in the Contest Guidelines. Photos and videos containing sexual content, violence/gore will not be accepted.
The Entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Company. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Prizes: The prize for each category winner is an annual subscription to the WeVideo Professional Plan plus a Sunpak Ring Light ($279 total value). There is one (1) winner for each of the six (6) contest categories. The prize for the overall winner is an annual subscription to the WeVideo Professional Plan plus a Blue Yeti X USB Microphone and a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 - 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Handheld Stabilizer ($500 value). There is one (1) overall winner prize. There are a total of seven (7) winners for the competition.
No prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Company to use Winner’s name, likeness, and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Company shall appoint a panel of judges comprising of employees or external judges. The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning submissions based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to theme
- Visual appeal
- Overall impression/impact
- The decision of the judging panel will be final and binding on all Contestants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Winners will be notified by direct message through Instagram or Twitter no later than August 30, 2021. The Company shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within fifteen (15) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER, AT THE COMPANY’S SOLE DISCRETION, WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By participating in this Contest, You understand and agree that the Company, anyone acting on behalf of the Company, and the Company’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Company. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Company may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Company’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, The Company may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Company. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Company has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. By participating in this Contest, You acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other social media site.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW EXCEPT FOR ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California, USA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- By participating in the Contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.